[CH] RE: Chile varieties - Yatsafusa

Jim Tidwell (snd1jlt@snd10.med.navy.mil)
Wed, 10 Jun 1998 07:01:17 -0700

On Tuesday, June 09, 1998, Andie wrote:
> I just got a couple of chile plants,  an Indian
> variety  "Surya" and a Japanese  "Yatsafusa"
> Can anyone tell me anything about these?

For Yatsafusa:

http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~gcaselton/chile/var-y.html
Yastofusa (Yatsafusa) A 3 inch hot pepper from Japan. Tapered
fruits, red when ripe, held high pointing upward on nice bushy 20
inch plants. Very decorative and does well in a large container.
(Capsicum annum). 80 days from transplant. Also known as Japanese
Chile. Asian Heirloom pepper, early 1900's.

http://www.wfu.edu/~patelpp/peppers/Others.html
Very similar to "Thai Hot", in heat and appearance. These are
what oriental restaurants use in their spicy dishes.

HTH, Jim