Re: [CH] tellicherry

=Mark (mstevens@exit109.com)
Wed, 10 Jun 1998 10:11:54 -0400

At 02:46 AM 6/10/98 EDT, Jalust@aol.com wrote:
>Isn't there a thing called tellicherry that is pink and often mixed in with
>"gourmet" peppercorns?  If it is what I think it is, it is related to poison
>ivy.  If it is something else, please don't flame me as I have to have my car
>inspected this month, there is money involved, and I am already tense about
>THAT.

Tellicherry pepper is one of the highest grades of black pepper and is
harvested along the Malabar coast of India.  Another high quality
peppercorn is Lampong.  They are both the dried, slightly underripe berries
which grow in grape-like clusters on the climbing vine Piper nigrum.

Good luck with the inspection!

                                                    =Mark

                      @ http://www.exit109.com/~mstevens @
                                        @ ICQ# 2059548 @

                        I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me
                                   than a pre-frontal lobotomy...