RE: [CH] Paprika Question

Michael Bailes (frgntgar@ozemail.com.au)
Thu, 5 Nov 1998 18:59:27 +1100

It is usually hotter when fresh but most Paprika powder sold here (OZ) is
EXTREMELY mild maybe a 3, on the Scale. Threre  are said to be hotter
varieties but when you start at 3 where are you going to go 4?
I've never  bothered much with it there are so many more interesting chilli
varieties and i'm not Hungarian
(I do have a story of some drunks -who will remain nameless- using Paprika
for instant coffee after a heavy night. One even backed up for seconds!!
"Grood Coofi Thatss")
At 11:38 AM -0500 4/11/98, Jacqueline Groot wrote:
>I have Hungarian Hot Paprika at home that *is* hot though.  I have a
>colleague who gets Hungarian Hot Paprika abroad that is REALLY hot.  I just
>figure they use hotter chiles; I don't think this means his friend is overly
>sensitive.
>
>jag
>Healer of Bland Food

Michael Bailes.
Herbarist
The Fragrant Garden, Portsmouth Road, Erina. N.S.W. 2250 Australia. (OZ)
International fax 61 243 651979          Phone 61 243 677322
Bookshop, nursery, media, school, garden, medical herbalist, cafe, herbal
products, gift gallery, insanity. EMAIL: frgntgar@ozemail.com.au
  	Web page at: http://www.fragrantgarden.com.au/
Herbarist N. ( U.S herb soc, 1930?) : One who studies all aspects of herbs,
culinary, medicinal, folklore, literature, history, ethnobotany, pharmacy,
cultivation & propagation, herbals, fragrance etc