Re: [CH] cilantro

Rich McCormack (macknet@cts.com)
Fri, 20 Nov 1998 17:40:46 -0800

Dave Sacerdote wrote:

> Here's that quote:
> "Cilantro is difficult to grow, because it goes to seed very quickly. Then
> after it's picked, it wilts really fast and has a very unpleasant taste and
> soapy texture," says Schultz. Cilantro will only hold for three or four days
> wrapped in a damp towel. The refrigerator is too dry for the plant; and if it
> is soaked in water, slime forms on the leaves.

To keep cilantro fresh: pour water in a small jar or drinking glass
'till it's about 1/2 full, cut about 1/2 inch off the stem end of the
bunch, immerse the end of the stems in the water as if it were a bunch
of flowers in a vase, put it back in the 'frigerator...works for me.

--
Rich McCormack (Poway, CA) macknet@cts.com

Who is Rich McCormack?  Find out at...
http://members.cts.com/crash/m/macknet/