[CH] Re: Avocado soup?!?!

Myron Menaker (myronm@bellsouth.net)
Sat, 21 Nov 1998 14:42:16 -0500

There's a recipe for "Mexican Avocado Soup" in Mollie Katzen's book:
"The Enchanted Broccoli Forest." However, it's not cooked and eaten
"very cold."

If anyone wants it, write to me privately and I'll copy/send it.

Myron at the beach

Rain wrote:

> -> Saw a book on hot'N'spicy cooking the other day, forget title/author, but it
> -> had a couple of recipes for avocado-lime-chile soup. Is this feasible? I
> -> have never heard of cooked avocado before; what happens to it?
> -> The recipes basically came down to guacomole with chicken stock, anyone care
> -> to play guinea pig?
> I've got an avocado and green chile one (vegetarian) from one of Linda
> McCartney's cookbooks, and it's wonderful, though not exactly lowfat. :)
> if someone else doesn't post it today, I will.

Myron Menaker                      Daytona Beach FL USA
myronm@bellsouth.net     |