Re: [CH] Chile Birds

Peter Moss (pmoss@yoda.alt.za)
Sat, 28 Nov 1998 13:51:00 RSA-2

On 26 Nov 98 at 20:38, luke wrote:

> Peter Moss wrote:
>  So how many "wild" varieties do you grow,
                ^^^^
OK I'll draw your attention to it.

> Not so Laconic Luke in Oz replied..

Not larconic at all if you read all the words.

No disrespect intended.

Is this an Oz thing missing the important information ;-) and
changing the complete meaning of the sentence?

> Baillesy had about 210 varieties at his Chile Festival last March, I

Not the point at all.  How many were wild?  How can you compare
wild varieties with cultivated varieties?

I meant no disrespect to Michael or his achievements.  That I
was curious about the validity of his statement is obvious.
Which is why I enquired as to how many wild varieties he grew
and suggested that he had possibly not fully understood the
statement.

Let me summarize Michael claimed that very few of his chiles
grown had erect fruit after quoting a section that specifically
indicated that all WILD chiles grew erect.  Don't you think he
missed the point of the quote as did you?

Let me paste the original statements here for clarity.

[Begin quote]
> "All wild chile plants bear ferociously hot pods which stick
> up above the leaves so birds can see them.

MB> Most of the Chillies I grow have pods below the leaves.
[End quote]

Make careful note of the second word "wild"

If you have any evidence to suggest that the original statement
is not true.  Please present it so that we may all learn
something.

Plants growing, plenty of flowers, impatiently waiting for fruit.

Yours in the heat of chiles

Peter