RE: [CH] Chile Birds

Garry Howard (garry@netrelief.com)
Tue, 1 Dec 1998 18:46:19 -0500

Speaking of birds and chiles, a couple of weeks ago I came downstairs in the
morning after getting ready to go to work. As usual our pet parrot, Taco,
climbed on my shoulder and started giving me kisses on the lips. All of a
sudden I noticed my lips were burning like crazy. I found out our next door
neighbor had stopped by and given my wife a bunch of chiles from their
garden. She had sliced a ripe jalapeno in half and hung it in our parrot's
cage where he promptly proceeded to eat all the seeds and veins out of the
center. I'm not sure what my neighbor did, but these are some of the hottest
jalapenos I've ever seen. She also gave us a bunch of habaneros along with
them. Maybe growing them together had some effect. At any rate I can attest
to bird's love for chiles.

Garry Howard - Cambridge, MA
garry@netrelief.com
Garry's Home Cooking