Re: [CH] Thank you all...

Doug Irvine (dirvin@bc.sympatico.ca)
Tue, 15 Dec 1998 19:34:17 -0800

J.J. Sommerville wrote:

> Thanks for all of your help.  I ended up giving the chili to a friend of
> ours who has not tastebuds (he said it was mild).
>
> For the person who said I was "pulling your chain."  I am not a chilehead,

Well, JJ, good for you for telling us that. I have been watching this thread
since it appeared, and noting the folk who were a little less than
understanding of a newbie, which, by your own assertion, you are. Do not be
upset by any comments by any of our list folk, whose taste buds are
"educated" to the point where they chomp raw habs, which I did the other day,
much to the amazement of my non chile-head son in law. I must admit to all
and sundry, that I was "showing off" because this guy wont even eat anything
with a little heat....with the exception of HP Sauce, an English and Canuck
staple condiment...it has a little warmth, but not much. So, when I saw how
this thread was going, because of my "wicked sense of humour"(someone elses
designation) I remained out of it.  I must say that Rain, in her wisdom, rare
in someone of her tender years, posted the note telling you to ignore the
"flames" was right on the mark, and we chile heads of more advanced taste bud
disposition, should find it in our hearts to remember that we al were not
weaned on an Jalapeno rubbed teat as was Raels friend Oblio????right
spelling??? Good luck with your new husbanc, and his taste buds, and may
yours continue to improve to the point where you are asking"Where's the
Heat?" Cheers, Doug in BC