Re: [CH] Tacos

Kristofer Blennow (kristofer@blennow.se)
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 11:58:57 +0100

On 15 Dec 98, Jose Cisneros wrote:

> Do reindeer taste good with chile? I was thinking of having, oh,
> say maybe some reindeer tacos with beans and some salsa cruda. I
> would of course barbecue the reindeer over charcoal with some
> mesquite. A few bottles of India Pale Ale to wash it down. This
> would be nice.

Reindeer is great with ANYTHING! My favourite besides lamb.

I often get sliced reindeer meat (easily available here) and cook it
with onions, chiles, garlic... either creamed or with tomatoes. It
has a very gamey taste, even more profound than elk/moose.

Smoked reindeer is a real treat. Could try that with tacos and a hot
sauce...  Must try...  Mmmm

Then there is the (in)famous dried reindeer meat, that is very hard
(In the US it would be called "jerk" I guess) that is used by people
who trekk the mountains here...  lasts forever.

Well, here in Sweden reindeer is "wild cattle" more than santa's
engines...  so noone thinks anything bad about eating Rudolph...  ;)

Scandinavian greetings,
Kristofer