[CH] Travel in Europe

James Campbell (camkeep@bright.net)
Mon, 21 Dec 1998 04:29:26 -0500

Sue Bonar wrote:

>For those world traveling CH's and those who live in far off places (from
>me, that is) I'll be traveling all over Europe during the month of
>January. Any recommendations for food and/or sights not to miss? I'll be in
>London, Paris, Spain (all over), Germany (all over) and probably Austria
>and Switz. and anywhere else I can get to as well. A little time in
>Monaco, Cannes, Nice, Milan.... you get the idea.

It has been some years since I was stationed in Germany, so..........   My
favorite restaurant (in the pre-chile era) was the Jaegerstube in
Wiesbaden-Erbenheim (suburb of Wiesbaden and right off the Autobahn); their
Jaegerschnitzel is (was) superb.  The most impressive things I saw while
over there were the Riksmuseum in Amsterdam, the medieval city of
Rothenburg, the Louvre, the flower market/auction at Amstelveen, Holland,
and the National and Tate Galleries in London.  Almost any city of any size
will have a nice art gallery; even Paris has one (I got my pocket picked on
the way there - by a 6 year old, on the Metro).  You might get the idea that
I paint some, hunh?  You'll have a great time.

Happy Holidays to all from Campbell the Other, Campbell Keep, Bucyrus, OH,
USA