[CH] Bufalo Chipotle sauce

Dje1157@aol.com
Wed, 23 Dec 1998 10:33:28 EST

John Fentner wrote:

>>Garry Howard wrote:

>> I found a bottle of Buffalo brand Jalapeno Hot Sauce last week but I
haven't
>> opened it yet. I haven't been able to  find the Chipotle sauce in the
> >supermarkets here.

>My understanding is that the company was bought up by Hormel
>(the erzatz chili and Spam people) and they only market the
>chipotle sauce in areas with large Mexican populations,
>i.e., in the Southwest and West but not here in Darkest Noo
>England.

>JB

John, here in Noo Yawk, I have no problem finding Bufalo
Chipotle sauce.  The local West Side Market (110th & Broadway)
has been stocking it since they went--you'll pardon the expression--
upscale.  Immigration from Mexico has increased dramatically
over the past few years--and that's great, because we finally
(finally!) have a some decent Mexican restaurants around here.
(This Manhattanite was born and raised in L.A., and not being
able to get good Mexican food has been a trial!)

Personally, I've never been that crazy about Bufalo; my
favorite chipotle sauce is M & D Ring of Fire Chipotle Garlic Hot
Sauce.  Wonderful stuff.  (The usual disclaimer expressed here:
I have no connection to the company; I'm just a satisfied customer.)

Happy holidays,

dje
David Estrin
Upper West Side