Re: [CH] X-mas food/ weather

coyote (coyote@calweb.com)
Wed, 23 Dec 1998 13:25:13 -0800

Shantihhh@aol.com wrote:

> Hi fellow ChileHeads,
>
>  My Rosemary Conical Christmas trees are posted by the front door adorned with
> many Chiles as ornaments.  The chiles have all frozen this year!  It has been
> below 23F every night now for a week, in fact it was 19F last night here in
> Alamo, CA.  Yes just 27 miles East of San Francisco.  Even snowed twice---what
> to do?
> Sounds like Hot Buttered Rum weather to me.

Me too. It was 19 here too - I in a suburb of Sacramento.. haven't seen weather
like this since Winter 90 -91.
It got all of my surviving chile plants, even the ones in my patio..way bummer!

I busy making a big pot of Posole and Red Chile sauce to fend off the cold.
I was lucky to get a batch of Tamales from a co-worker (actually his Mom made
them).
That's just way too much work for me... I like to cook but I'm not going to try
and make tamales by myself again.

Coyote
Howlin' for Habaneros