Re: [Fwd: [CH] Song List & Pozole]

a1a63302 (dirvin@bc.sympatico.ca)
Mon, 04 Jan 1999 21:52:41 -0800

Hi Roxie....we have it out here in BC, it is K.F Quality Brand, and is a
product of the USA but is imported into Canada by Ashley-Koffman
Foods...Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton. I am almost certain that it would be
available at a Mexican market in Toronto, if and when you get down that way,
by your address, I am presuming that you are in Barrie, Gravenhurst area of
Ontario, north of Tronna...hominy is a large corn kernel, which is treated
with lime to remove the skin, and is canned in a light brine(water&
salt)...it is available out here either white or yellow, and it tastes no
different . It has a very corn flavour, absolutely wonderful in Mexican
food...I would almost be certain that it would be available dried in a
Mexican market as well, and if so, that would be the way to buy it, then
treat it like any other dried bean(which it aint). Hope you are enjoying the
SNOO!!!which is why we now live in BC rather than Tronna, cause if we get
snoo, next day we get rain, which sorta washes it away down the drain! And
into the ocean! Cheers, Doug in BC