Re: [CH] Cajun Turkey Fryer

Charles Demas (demas@sunspot.tiac.net)
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 01:37:01 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 4 Jan 1999, Sandy Olson wrote:

> I've just become the proud owner of a turkey fryer!  Have any southern U.S.
> chile heads used one and what type of spicy marinade have you injected into
> the bird?  I understand this method of cooking a whole turkey in oil is
> outstanding, not greasy and you can make it much more spicy than the bird
> usually is served.  Since I'm a CH with tolerance for only medium-hot stuff,
> I don't want to infuse this guy with pure hot sauce.  Any suggestions?  TIA
>
> SandyO
> CH #1146, of the moderate persuasion

There has been a recent thread on turkey frying in the alt.food.barbecue
newsgroup.  I haven't tried it, but most seem to just use a brine to
marinate the turkey, at least from what I've read.

Chuck Demas
Needham, Mass.

  Eat Healthy    |   _ _   | Nothing would be done at all,
  Stay Fit       |   @ @   | If a man waited to do it so well,
  Die Anyway     |    v    | That no one could find fault with it.
  demas@tiac.net |  \___/  | http://www.tiac.net/users/demas