Re: [CH] Cayenne vs Chili Powder

Dave Drum (xrated@cityscape.net)
Sat, 16 Jan 1999 20:48:26 -0600

Mark or Monica Whinnery wrote:

> What's the difference between cayenne powder and chili powder?  Can I use
> cayenne in place of chili powder to make a pot of chili?

Cayenne powder is pure cayenne. Chilli powder is usually a blend of
several types of powdered chiles, some cumin, onion powder, garlic
powder, etc. Every company has its own blend of ingredients. I have a
blend that I use that is made up by a local friend which contains all
that I have mentioned above and some other things.

So, you can use straight cayenne... but, you'll need to add much other
spices and herbs to make your chilli taste anywhere near decent.
<GGG>

ENJOY!!!
--
Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchens
Home of Yaaaah Hoooo Aaahhh HOT Sauce & Hardin Cider