Re: [CH] Feral Dogs

Charles Demas (demas@sunspot.tiac.net)
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 11:26:28 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 19 Jan 1999, Bonarski, Paul wrote:

> While I don't have a problem with deer, there are several "feral" dogs
> roaming the neighborhood. They are disgusting beasts who
> indiscriminately tear through my garden and do their business where it
> suits them. They make some of the worst prehistoric sounds you can
> imagine while they are digging for who knows what in the pepper patch. I
> have a 12 gauge Remington but am afraid of the buckshot becoming
> embedded in the rocotos.  Any fellow CH's ever had this problem?

I'd try using deer slugs (or 1 oz ball) rather than buckshot.  That will
give you one big ball/slug rather than many smaller balls.  It does mean
that you will have to be more accurate though.

Otherwise, I'd suggest using #00 buckshot (aka double ought buck), which
has balls about 1/4 inch in diameter, IIRC.

I assume you want to kill these feral dogs;  a good idea, since feral dogs
in packs are killers, and a danger to pets and children.

Chuck Demas
Needham, Mass.

  Eat Healthy    |   _ _   | Nothing would be done at all,
  Stay Fit       |   @ @   | If a man waited to do it so well,
  Die Anyway     |    v    | That no one could find fault with it.
  demas@tiac.net |  \___/  | http://www.tiac.net/users/demas