Re: [CH] Fresh Chili Beans

Nels Peterson (npkp4jp@polarcomm.com)
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 13:05:20 -0600

Allan,

Pick the pintos as they stripe, (the pods will turn yelloy and red stripes
will appear)  The bean is physiologically mature but still about 40%+
moisture.  They will cook faster and have an outstanding "fresh" taste.  We
usually go out to a local farmer that grows pintos and pick 2 -3 buckets
full, shell them and fresh can them for later use.  Contact your local
County Extension Agent (or myself, I am an Extension Agent), for canning
recommendations.  I can be contacted at:

npeterso@ndsuext.nodak.edu   (I am an Extension Agent)

Enjoy,

Nels in ND