[CH] growing under flourescent lights

Shantihhh@aol.com
Sat, 23 Jan 1999 15:25:13 EST

From: Alex Silbajoris <72163.1353@compuserve.com>
Subject: [CH] growing under flourescent lights

Dear Alex,

We've never used lights for seedlings and would like to give it a try.  We
have a large greenhouse 20' x 40' in our yard and think this would be a great
way to encourage the seedlings.  What kind of fluorescent lights do you use?
color etc.?  I bout a 2 bulb 300 watts each Halagen shop light I had planned
to use.  Have you tried growing with a Halagen type light?  Any information
would be greatly appreciated.

In the past we have usually purchased chile plants, but this year we really
MUST grow from seed.  We just arrived back home from Burma and Thailand and we
have some great seeds (bought chiles ae local markets) after taste testing!
We also have seeds from India as we travel a lot on business and often gather
seeds.  Picked up some wonderful commercial seeds for chiles, basil,
eggplants, winged beans etc. in Bangkok.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve & Mary-Anne