RE: [CH] growing under fluorescent lights

Richard W. Stevens (richstev@erols.com)
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 17:22:15 -0500

Most commercial horticultural operations that rely in part on artificial
light are now switching to Philips SON AGRO 400W high pressure sodium lamps.
They put out 30% more illumination in the critical blue spectrum and 8% more
lumen output, while fitting in a standard 400W HPS fixture.  While these
would work well in your situation, these fixtures are probably too expensive
and put out too much heat and light for normal residential applications.

:{ Rich in Va.
http://www.erols.com/richstev
Photo Trend Enterprises- A Restaurant Service Company