RE: [CH] Buffalo Balls?

Christopher E. Eaves (cea260@airmail.net)
Sun, 24 Jan 1999 19:39:51 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com
[mailto:owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com]On Behalf Of Rich McCormack
Sent: Sunday, January 24, 1999 10:34 AM
To: Chile-Heads
Subject: [CH] Buffalo Balls?

I'm sure I recall a past reference to Buffalo Balls on the Chile-Heads
mailing list.  I envisioned them at the time as being kinda like the
meatball version of Buffalo Wings.  A search through the Chile-Heads
recipe archives came up blank.  I'd like to make some for Super Bowl
Sunday and could come up with something tasty just by wingin' it, but
I'd still like to see the original recipe if such a thing exists.  Can
anyone help?

--
Rich McCormack (Poway, CA) macknet@cts.com

snip>>>

Here is the one I have in my files, it is credited to John Gunterman.

Christopher E. Eaves

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                              Buffalo Balls

Recipe By     : John A. Gunterman
Serving Size  : 24   Preparation Time :1:00
Categories    : Posted

   2      pounds        sausage meat -- hot, Italian
   2      pounds        ground beef -- extra lean
   4      whole         onions -- chopped fine
   1      head          garlic -- minced
  12      whole         jalapeno peppers -- seeded and chopped
   1      tablespoon    dehydrated scotch bonnet peppers -- ***optional***
   3      cups          harissa sauce -- (hot licks)

Form into balls and bake @ 400 Degrees till well done. Doused in your
favorite Buffalo Wing Sauce recipe.  ( I  really Like home made Harissa
Sauce).

Busted by Christopher E. Eaves <cea260@airmail.net>

Suggested Wine: White Zinfandel
Serving Ideas : Makes good stuffing for bell peppers and stuffed cabbage.

NOTES : I have scaled this up to make 48 medium or 96 small balls. Normal
people (non chile Heads) usually eat one or two @ the most. If you decide to
add the Scotch Bonnets have plenty of cold beer ready. If serving to the
uninitiated(non-Chile-Head) you may want to omit the Scotch Bonnet's. else
have them sign a release waiver before eating them.