Re: [CH] Aphids

Byron Bromley (Byron.Bromley@gsd-co.com)
Sun, 24 Jan 1999 22:37:15 -0500

steve

Lots of luck to you if ladybugs will control all your aphid
problems, About 10 years ago I tried 100% organic gardening
Used one of Rodales books on organic gardening and followed to
the letter. Absolutly no chemicals of any kind.
 Lost every single plant in my garden to bugs.

There are pockets around this country that Organic methods just
don't work.

It's hard to explain to people, that when you turn over 1 squash leaf
and there a several hundred aphids under 1 leaf,

It's also hard for some people to believe, that I had in 1995, 127
different bugs listed in Rodales book Of Garden Insects plus
10 that were not,  8 indentified by my county agent and 2 even the
USDA could not. (My county agent knows)
Last year I had a twig pruner attack some of my chile's
No known controls of this bug. not listed in Rodales

Put yourself in my shoes for 1 minute, look at a 20 by 80 ft garden
that you can not pick or pull 1 single veggie out of that garden to eat.
because of bugs. All you see is dead and dying plants
Thats a lot of work for nothing.

What would you do ???

When you have "Been there and Done that" let me know

Byron