RE: [CH] hot green beans

Bloechl, Sharen Rund (sharen.rund.bloechl@lmco.com)
Mon, 01 Feb 1999 08:37:00 -0800

When I've tried to "re-create" something like this, I usually keep the
original liquid (freeze it until you have enough so it won't go "bad"

Clean the beans, blanche them in water until they reach the right softness
(they still have a 'snap' to them) - fill jars
Bring original liquids to a boil, pour over beans in jars, seal, cool &
refrigerate

Sharen Rund Bloechl

Lockheed Martin Enterprise Information Systems
Sunnyvale Data Center
sharen.rund.bloechl@lmco.com        Phone: 408-756-5432
[or]                                Fax:   408-756-0912
srund@svl.ems.lmco.com              LMnet: 8-326-5432
Pager: 408-539-5146  web:  http://webpager.lmms.lmco.com/perl/mtrocall.cgi
[or] Operator Assist:  1-800-725-5079, pin 408-539-5146

	----------
	From:  Dave Hendricks [SMTP:bvdrangs@enter.net]
	Sent:  Sunday, January 31, 1999 12:30 AM
	To:  chile-heads-digest@globalgarden.com
	Subject:  [CH] hot green beans

	Tabasco sells a pickled string bean with hot peppers in it. We have
	bought several jars now as they not only are a great pickle but are
	the best garnish for a well made Bloody Mary. Since we seem to go
	through them rather quickly, we are looking to make a similar pickle

	ourselves. We used to do a fair amount of canning when we first got
	married and now just do some special stuff as needed. Anyone out
	there ever try to make hot pickled green beans???? Got any
	suggestions. If not, we will try it ourselves this summer when the
	beans and peppers are plentiful and we can get them cheap. Then we
	will report back with the results.

	Dave Hendricks
	bvdrangs@enter.net
	Boomerangs, Beer, Bar-B-Que, Any Questions?