[CH] Re: Cerviche & Wasabi

Michel Van Mellaerts (michel@wasabi.co.nz)
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 15:17:01 -0800

> Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 01:08:20 EST
> From: Shantihhh@aol.com
> Subject: [CH] ceviche recipe wanted
>
>  <<ceviche recipe>>  I had the best ceviche I have ever had at the Border
> Grill in Santa Monica a few months back, but can't seem to duplicate the fiery
> combination.  Anyone have a reeeeaaalllly good recipe for ceviche?
>
> Mary-Anne

Here is a good cerviche recipe (uses our Wasabi Vodka), but I'm sure
that you could use chilli vodka, or perhaps even the
plain stuff (won't give you the bite though).

Wasabi Ceviche Snapper Salad

Serves 4 - 6

Ingredients
600 g Snapper fillets, skinned, boned, diced 3 cms
1/4 cup Namida Wasabi Vodka
1/2 cup Lime Juice (Lemon can be used)
Zest of 1 Lime (or Lemon)
2 Tbs Tabasco, or to taste
1 Tbs Sugar
1 tsp Salt

1 cup Tomato juice
1 small red onion, finely chopped (can use spring onions or shallots for
a milder taste)
2 Tomatoes, cored, seeded, chopped
1 Red pepper, cored, seeded, sliced
2 Tbs Coriander stalks and leaves, chopped
1/2 cup Green Olives (optional)

Method
1) Mix together the first seven items.
2) Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
3) Uncover and add rest of ingredients.
4) Mix eveything together well.

5) Taste and reseason if necessary.

6) Pour into a large bowl.

7) Serve with another bowl piled with salad greens, and a bowl of Namida
Wasabi
Mayonnaise.

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 01:16:03 EST
> From: Shantihhh@aol.com
> Subject: [CH] Wasabi powder
>
>  "Marianne Meisels" <marandy@netvision.net.il>
>
> Subject: [CH] Wasabi powder
>
> Besides the obvious sushi it is wonderful in mashed potatoes, also makes a
> great "crust" for salmon.
> Experiment and tell us your discoveries.
>
> Mary-Anne
>
> ------------------------------

On our website that is dedicated to wasabi, its uses and recipes, we
have recipes for muffins, pies, meat, fish and
vegetarian dishes as well as sushi. These recipes can be accessed from
<http://www.wasabi.co.nz/recipes.html>. Enjoy.
--
Regards
Michel Van Mellaerts

Phone: (64) 25 787 939
Fax: (64) 9 425 7529

Internet: <<http://www.wasabi.co.nz>>
Email: michel@wasabi.co.nz

The Home of Namida Wasabi - Clean, Green & Hot