Re: [CH] Re: Chiles w/Lamb

Leslie L. Smith (thinkfast@linkfast.net)
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 00:33:37 -0600

At 5:48 PM 2/10/99, Parkhurst, Scott Contractor wrote:

MY mouth is watering

>Mix 2 crushed cayenne peppers, thyme, sage, pepper, with 4 oz. vodka (or
>wine).
>Let sit for 30 - 60 minutes (longer doesn't hurt).

That would be let the chops marinate in the above for 30-60- min.RIght?
not just let the mixture sit there all alone.

>Grill lamb chops to desired doneness, remove from skillet, use mix to
>deglaze pan.
>Reduce mixture by approx. half.
>Pour over lamb chops.

I guess I am tired it said reduce by half and I thot *and the other half
you drink??*

I got it now.  yes it HAS been a long time since I was in the kitchen

--leslie
Master Gardener Intern, Zone 7(b?) low of 9F this year, in Humid, HUMID
Cullman, Alabama.

There are old mushroom hunters and bold mushroom hunters but there are no
old bold mushroom hunters.
                           --unknown
                             (S.F. poison control I think)