Re: [CH] Chile-Heads Digest V5 #235

Paul Reynolds (preynold@swbell.net)
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 20:03:53 -0600

A company out of Oklahoma puts out a smoker/BBQ grill that is compact and heavily built.  The name of the Company is
Oklahoma Joe.  i don't know if they have a web page or not.  Their smokers are made out of 12 gauge steel and I've used
them and really liked them  Want to get one for myself one of these days.

I've had the 30-50 dollar brinkman water smokers, but, they don't seem to hold up to the weather for very long.
Currently, I have a Brinkman that is made out of 12 gauge steel and stands about 4 foot tall, with 4 inch legs,  and
the door is full length.  You can get these at Wal-Mart for about 80 dollars.  Comes with a fire pan, water pan and a
temp gauge and can hold up to 75 pounds of food stuff.  I've just started smoking veggies and it's working pretty
well.  Definately a slow smoke smoker.  Hard to hold a temp over 200 degrees.