Re: [CH] Fwd: Please read Virus Information

Dave Drum (xrated@cityscape.net)
Sat, 20 Feb 1999 20:02:32 -0600

Inagaddadavida wrote:

> At 03:12 AM 2/20/99 EST, Shantihhh@aol.com wrote:
> >Here is an update on that nasty, nasty virus also there is the same virus
> >being forwarded as an Easter graphic file as an attachment.
>
> not to be rude Rael, but i view these "virus updates" or whatever the hell
> one wants to call 'em as no different from spam-ola...legit or not
>
> why, why, why post this stuff?  there are legit sites with virus info,
> there is good virus software available for all, and if one downloads email
> with an .exe attached and just opens it up thank-you-very-much, imo, you
> deserve whatchya get...

> peace, hendrix, and chiles.......

Hendrix??? As in Jon Hendrix, the bop-scat singer?

OK, thee and me know our way 'round a keyboard. But, there are many
newbies out there who, while otherwise competent folkers, wouldn't
know a virus until it bit them on the left fetlock.

Cap't Planet, the guy I share this abode with is a computer
professional (Linux, SCO, *nix, DOS and Winders) and codes his arse
off for his living. He got bit on the root by this virus and it took
him 6 hours of concerted effort to stomp that sucker flat using both
Norton and MacAfee. I damned sure don't want it... and neither do you,
I'm sure.

I've got a brain dead box with an old 486 processor and a 120 meg
drive that I use to sneakernet suspicious stuff to for opening.
Anything I get as an attachment with a .bat, .com, or .exe extension
gets opened on that machine first. But, not everyone has that luxury.

I don't mind warnings.... as long as 10,000 people don't post the same
warning to the same list.  <GGG>

ENJOY!!!
--
Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchens
Home of Yaaaah Hoooo Aaahhh HOT Sauce & Hardin Cider