Re: [CH] Not thrilled with jalapenos-FAVORITES??

Richard A.Williams (croaker@earthlink.net)
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 00:27:55 -0800

Joe Ferguson wrote:

> I also do not care all that much for the Jalapeno.  Pickled, okay, but
> otherwise, the flavor just really disagrees with me...
>
> I've gotta believe that you will enjoy Chipotle.  What a flavor.
>
> But hey, going out on a limb here...my favorite cap for flavor?  Serrano.
>
> Don't know exactly why.  Just love the flavor.
>
> How about everyone else, bravado aside.  What cap do you most enjoy the
> FLAVOR of?
>
> -joe

Depends on what I'm eating with the peppers. Habs and seafood are a match
made in chile-head heaven. Mmm, mango-habanero salsa on grilled steelhead
trout...'Scuse me while I wipe the slobber off my chin.

For tomato salsa, I like rocotos and serranos. For general all-around
cooking, Thai's are my favorite. So far. Ain't tried 'em all yet...Working on it,
though. Got a big order coming from Cross Country Nurseries. Here's hoping
for a warm summer in the Pacific Northwest...

Richard