Re: [CH] This is the CHILE-PEPPER news right ?

Dave Drum (xrated@cityscape.net)
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 19:08:07 -0600

"Kasprowicz, Ray" wrote:

> Just a thought ...
> Why are there so many "off topic" discussions here?
> It's for PEPPERS, not what to do with spices, coffee grinding, bug infused
> ice cream, bird jerky, locating car parts on Australia, mixing capsicum with
> paint, eating cabbage (and the list goes on).
> Someone needs to moderate this group and weed out the "off topic" posting.
> What about the people that have limitations (or metered) use of mail?
> Is it necessary to have all of this included in our newsgroup?
> It would also help to not "reply" to postings and include the replication of
> the message body.

At first I thought just to say "bugger off" but, then thought "No,
that would make me as rude as you." Let me just point out that the
name of the list is "chile-heads" not "Discussion of Chile Cultivars".
And chile-heads come from all over, have varied interests aside from
their common interest in chiles. And for the most part they are polite
to each other and do not make strident and querelous pronouncements
couched as "a thought".

People show up here from time to time wanting to mold the character of
the list to whatever happens to blow their personal skirt up. They
soon either go away or join in. But, change the character of this
list??? It would have to fight tremendous inertia. The only one who
truly can change the flavour of the Chile Heads list is the list owner
Mike Bowers.

If the newbies can't accept the relaxed atmosphere in here.... well,
it's a World Wide Web out there and there *must* be somewhere in that
they will find nirvana. I hereby invite them to do so.

ENJOY!!!
--
Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchens
Home of Yaaaah Hoooo Aaahhh HOT Sauce & Hardin Cider