Re: [CH] pepper sauces

Andy Barnhart (quark@erols.com)
Sun, 28 Feb 1999 02:14:00 -0500

Hi Roger,

Sauces are all individual to the person likings, heat tolerance and the food
use.  Some WWW stores give popularity ratings.  My likings include:

1)  Steaks:
For my char broiled steaks, I like a mix of one part each of:
        Ralph's' Righteous Habanero Sauce, and
        Tipsy Steak Sauce made with Jack Daniel's Old No.7

2)  Soups:
Years ago I also used Tabasco sauce, but, due to its strong flavor, for me it
had a narrow range of use.   I like to add heat  -- without altering the
flavor of a good soup.  Now, I use a diluted mix of PurCap.  I have a small
container/dispenser at work and take it to restaurants.  I use it in almost
all soups.  Email me if you have an interest.

3)  Solid Food (including steaks at times):
Smoked Habanero flakes (coarse powder) yes, yes, ...yes!  This is my
"universal ingredient". The amount I put on varies a lot depending on my
mood:  from a very light dusting to a dark layer.  On what you may ask?
Steaks, pizza, spaghetti, chicken salad!, shrimps, vanilla ice cream,  dips,
casseroles, etc., etc.

Andy.