[CH] Cauliflower _ Indian food

Chipotle Coyote (coyote@calweb.com)
Fri, 05 Mar 1999 08:09:49 -0800

At 08:45 AM 3/5/99 -0600, Cameron Begg wrote:

>Cauliflower is rarely served in restaurants as it is difficult to keep warm
>without spoiling
<SNIP>
 If you like Indian food, try frying onions and
>garlic in (mustard?) oil, add some veg. stock ("Knorr" veg cubes are OK at
>
>* Don't go nuts with aromatics or you'll kill the flavour of the veg.
>Cumin, coriander, cayenne and turmeric would be fine. A few "curry" leaves
>wouldn't hurt either.
>

>                     Regards,               Cameron.

That reminds me of a story. Now I've never really cared for the taste of
cauliflower tho a fav veggie of mine is broccoli. However I was at the UC
Davis whole earth festival in 1987 and decided to try some cauliflower at an
Indian food booth. It was a vegetarian food booth but the food was
excellent. Especially the cauliflower. It was some of the tastiest Indian
food I've ever had. Unfortunately  something in it reacted violently with me
and later on I got sick as a dog. Ever since then I've never been able to
eat cauliflower! I've had many a curries and other Indian food stuff since
then but always stay away from cauliflower!

 Crazy Coyote - Howlin' for Habaneros
"The key to my lyrics is imagination. The rest is painted with a little
Science-Fiction" -Jimi Hendrix

Fear stands for False Evidence Appearing Real or F**k Everything And Run.