Re: [CH] Tofu

Dave Drum (xrated@cityscape.net)
Sun, 07 Mar 1999 14:02:28 -0600

Doug Irvine wrote:

> Here is a hot and sour tofu that I am doing today from a recipe that I
> modified to make it a lot hotter...this is not a soup, but a dish that
> can be served over rice(Thai, of course) or noodles. Also I have
> included a Spinach & Tofu soup, so let the fun begin!
> Hot & Sour Tofu
> 1    block(1lb)tofu, medium firm, weighted to remove some of the water
> 3    tbls peanut oil

That looks good. Here's one I found on Oriental Food.com after taking
the Tofu Making tour. Interesting to see how it's made. Anyway - this
looked good so I snagged it.....

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.06

      Title: Sichuan Ma Po Tofu
 Categories: Oriental, Chiles, Tofu, Beef
      Yield: 2 servings

      4 oz 85% lean ground beef
      1 c  Green onions w/tops chopped
      1 cl Garlic, minced
    3/4 c  Chicken broth
      2 tb Light soy sauce
      1 tb Chili sauce
      1 ts Sesame oil
    1/4 ts Hot oil *
    1/4 ts Red pepper flakes
      2 tb Corn starch
      2 tb Cold water
      1 c  Bean curd (tofu) 1/2 inch
           Cubes

  * Sesame oil and hot oil may be found in Asian markets and in
cooking
    specialty stores.

  Preparation:

  * Place ground beef, green onions, and garlic in a nonstick skillet
    and cook, stirring quickly, until beef is browned.

  * Stir in chicken broth, soy sauce, oils, and red pepper flakes.

  * Mix the cornstarch with the cold water.

  * Add to the skillet.

  * Cook stirring continuously, until sauce thickens.

  * Gently stir in the bean curd (tofu).

  * Continue cooking over medium heat for 3 minutes.

  FROM: Oriental Food.com

  Format by Dave Drum - 06 March 99
  FROM: Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchen

MMMMM

ENJOY!!!
--
Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchens
Home of Yaaaah Hoooo Aaahhh HOT Sauce & Hardin Cider