RE: [CH] 1999 Scovie & Chile Pepper Magazine Award Winners

Goslowsky, George (gjgoslow@ingr.com)
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 09:17:00 -0600

I agree Dave.  What's the point in handing out awards to everyone.  It just
devalues the award.  And even though I have before, or may have now, one of
the winners in my fridge or on a shelf, it got there because I liked the
taste of it or thought I would.

As for habs, I really do like them, but I too have found that they have an
overpowering taste and I have to be very careful how I use them when I cook
so that they don't "take over" the flavor of a meal.  Their heat doesn't
bother nearly as much as their taste.  Though some things, like Habanero
stuff Olives, depend on that taste.  So it just depends.  Habs are far from
being my favorite chile too.  I would have to go with cayennes, d' Arbol's,
tabasco and chiltepin/piquins.  Those are the best for heat/taste
combinations.  But for taste without much heat, by far, my favorites are
guaillo (sp), pasilla and ancho.

Anyway, there's my two bits plus some...

George J. Goslowsky
Senior Software Analyst
Intergraph - gjgoslow@ingr.com
Work 730-8223   Fax 730-8227

Run to light from shadow, Sun gives me no rest
Promise offered in the East, broken in the West