Re: [CH] heat pad & Growing Crazy

Rosemary Basil (rosemarybasil@yahoo.com)
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 13:57:43 -0800 (PST)

Suzanne, Byron, Harold, Joe & others, it's so great to meet such
creative, dedicated gardeners here!
 I broke out the pad last nite too and put it over the aquarium to
keep the temps maintained round 80 for germination of my new seeds. I
also decided to go cover the cayennes with sheets and shower curtains,
then back out today to lift them as it's very sunny and 60's.
Many of you yankees may think pepper growing comes easy to us
southerners but these cold snaps we get can be as tricky and
frustrating as snow in March, it's all relative. This would be the
time of year to just get fed up carting them in and out and relax but
then you can lose everything if you're not on your toes!
There are so many gardeners on my other lists that want to learn more
about pepper growing, especially in containers.
As you may know, I am documenting my pepper growing this year  in an
online journal
http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/Square/9333/index.html
and have a page devoted to growing tips
http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/Square/9333/GROW.html
 where I'm putting ideas I find on the net from other pepper
gardeners. I'd like to add tips I pick up on this list, is that ok
with you Byron, Harold, and all? If you have any problems with it,
please let me know. And if you have webpages of interest you want me
to link to, let me know that too.
Thanx!
Grow wild!
Rose
Nawlins

---Suzanne <suz@avana.net> wrote:

> I have been waiting for it to be mentioned, but since I have not
seen it
> yet here I go....  The easiest and least expensive way I have seen
/used to
> provide some heat for seed flats is to simply use either an old
electric
> blanket or a heating pad.  Plastic can be placed over the pad or
blanket to
> protect it from moisture.  The temperature is adjustable, and with the
> blanket a lot of area can be warmed.
> 	good luck to all with your plant babies!
> Suz
>
> Suzanne M. Fike
> Graduate Research Assistant
> Microelectronics Research Center
> Georgia Institute of Technology
> work:	(404)894-9918
> 		sfike@ee.gatech.edu
> home:	(404)352-1399
> 		suz@avana.net

==
City Jungles...gardens of passion! CITY PEPPERS- grow em!
http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Canopy/7686/index.html
http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/Square/9333/PEPPERS.html
Join PEPPERS Club & List!
http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/PEPPERS