Re: [CH] Req: Spicey Deviled Eggs Recipe

Rosemary Basil (rosemarybasil@yahoo.com)
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 16:31:09 -0800 (PST)

This is amazing! You know, being part Irish, yesterday was quite a day
for me and having to sample the usual traditional Guinness, Baileys,
and the like, let's just say I'm still sippin my morning coffee as I
answer my emails at 5 pm... I have a Nawlins list and was just
discussing peppers with a Texas chilehead and telling him how I made
my devilled eggs yesterday! I was considering posting it here to CH as
well. SO SINCE YOU ASKED, LEN...LOL this is so ironic!

"I made devilled eggs yesterday and I mean devilled! I was out of dry
mustard so I used some local creole mustard instead and decided,
rather than use the local Crystal red hot sauce & cayenne powder, I
usually use, cos it was St. Pat's Day, I substituted a green jalapeno
sauce called Chef Hans  from Monroe,  La.  S&P and  mayonaise to make
it creamy, paprika on top, try it!"
ps. I imagine you can get the mustard and sauce wherever you are these
days, no? And, don't worry, it doesn't turn the eggs green, lol

Thanx JB: After I read the posts here, I had some left, so tried the
hab powder (Bluz powder I got from a fellow lister, thanx again
Steve!) on top with the paprika and YESSSSSSS EGG-xactly  purrr-fect!

Hot n Spicy in Nawlins,
Rose

---"John Benz Fentner, Jr." <johnfentner@home.com> wrote:

> Leonard Wilcox wrote:
> >
> > I am taking deviled eggs to a card party on Friday. This group of
card
> > players is know for liking the hot stuff.  Anyone have any favorite
> > recipies for spicey deviled eggs.  I have gotten one off of SOAR
which
> > looks like a good starting point, but I value the tastes and
opinions of
> > the chile heads members.
>
> Not a recipe exactly...I just make 'em the same old way with
> mayo and mustard...but I top 'em with red hab powder instead
> of paprika. Looks just like the normal ones but they're
> entertaining as hell.  :)
>
> Works with twice baked potatoes too.
>
> JB
> --
> *********************************
> John Benz Fentner, Jr.
> Unionville, Connecticut, USA
> http://www.geocities.com/~jbenz/
> "Lex Non Favet Delicatorum Votis"

==
City Jungles...gardens of passion! CITY PEPPERS- grow em!
http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Canopy/7686/index.html
http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/Square/9333/PEPPERS.html
Join PEPPERS Club & List!
http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/PEPPERS