Re: [CH] Req: Spicey Deviled Eggs Recipe

Dave Drum (xrated@cityscape.net)
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 22:11:11 -0600

Leonard Wilcox wrote:

> I am taking deviled eggs to a card party on Friday. This group of card
> players is know for liking the hot stuff.  Anyone have any favorite
> recipies for spicey deviled eggs.  I have gotten one off of SOAR which
> looks like a good starting point, but I value the tastes and opinions of
> the chile heads members.

Devilish Eggs

12 Jumbo Eggs, hard boiled
3 Tablespoons Coleman's Mustard Powder
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil (E.V. not necessary but, nice.)
1 Tablespoon dill pickle juice
Mayonnaise to make a smooth mixture
Dill Relish (optional)
Pitted olives cut in half (optional)
Cayenne pepper for garnish

Peel the hard boiled eggs and split in half carefully putting the
yolks in a mixing bowl. Mash yolks with a fork and stir in pickle
juice,
olive oil and mustard powder. Add enough mayo to make a smooth, stiff
paste. If you are using dill relish add it in at this time.

Scoop the past back into the egg halves and put a half olive on each
so
that they look like little yellow eyeballs staring up at you. Sprinkle
cayenne (or whatever red powder you like) over the eggsd for that
properly
bloodshot look.

With that much mustard in there these babies will get people's
attention.
And the cayenne garnish is a nice bonus.

ENJOY!!!
--
Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchens
Home of Yaaaah Hoooo Aaahhh HOT Sauce & Hardin Cider