Re: [CH] Containers and Peppers

FQpepper (rosemarybasil@yahoo.com)
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 17:00:44 -0800 (PST)

Ray wrote:
Maybe it's my green thumb but my peppers do
> as well as they ever did in the ground.
> My Red Habanero is about aft tall with a aft canopy, the Thai Dragon
has
> about 150 flowers blooming, the Pusa Jwalla has about 100 flowers,
the De
> Arbol has about 75 flowers, the Chiltepin has about 10 flowers but
is aft
> tall and 3 years old, the Anaheim is aft tall and just sprouting
flowers
> this week. This is just an example of what's happing in my garden.
All the
> plants are a lush dark green and could not possible do any better
than they
> are right now.

Ray, Your garden sounds lovely! I didn't catch where you are exactly,
Texas? I use those food service buckets too, out of necessity. I try
to snazz em up by painting them with acrylics and oil pastels. I do
the ole faux marble by sponge dabbling and then runnning a feather
thru it but then I apply Mardi Gras metallic face powders in silver
and gold to get a burnished antique look or paint them to look like
leopard spots or something whimsical, LOL (lots of laughs)
But this ain't no arts n crafts list so let me ask you a pepper
question. It seems we use  alot of the same methods. I've been growin
poblanos and cayennes & I have just started  red habs and thai dragons
for the first time (in containers )
any special tips on these?
Also, I'm trying to unite and encourage container pepper gardeners,
can I quote your letter on my webpage?

> My neighbors think I am somewhat of a fanatic with all these plants
on my
> balcony but who cares, some like it hot.
YES INDEED, gardening RULES! pepper growing ROCKS!
cheers,
Container Rose in da French Quarter of Nawlins

==
CITY JUNGLES...gardens of passion!
http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Canopy/7686/sitemap.html
CITY PEPPERS...sweet, HOT n SpIcY!