Re: [CH] Fert

Harold Eddleman Ph.D. (indbio@disknet.com)
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 00:47:55 -0800

frgntgar@ozemail.com.au wrote:

> >While I am thinking of it, I feel every gardener should have his/her
> >own pH meter
> Can you reccomend a good one that is simple to use?
> ie stick it in the ground and get a reading?
  A Hort Science report of some years ago found the cheap pH meters were
useless. I do not know anything about the quality available to day. I
measure pHs many times perday and would be in big legal troubles unless
I calibrated with NBS buffers every day. Those will cost you $20 per
year. If the meter does not have a way to adjust the meter reading to
agree with the known value of the standard buffer, you know it is just a
gadget and not a meter.

--
Harold Eddleman Ph.D. Microbiologist.       mailto:indbio@disknet.com
Location: Palmyra IN USA; 36 kilometers west of Louisville, Kentucky