Re: [CH] April Fools' Day post, Is it for real?

Rosemary Basil (rosemarybasil@yahoo.com)
Fri, 2 Apr 1999 16:49:17 -0800 (PST)

<<The best meal I had was at Bayona, and that was not
Cajun/Creole.
That place would be just as comfortable in NYC or San
Fransisco (Plus,chef
Spicer signed my menu!).>>

LOVE Susan, Mark! She rose to fame in a French Quarter
bistro a block away in a challenging male dominated
field and I am so happy for her success.
 I  have a cute story about Paul Prudhomme's early days
told to me by a waitor who worked with Kay, when she
was dating Paul. She was taking a lot of ribbing in the
kitchen for seeing such a rotund suitor and was quoted
as saying, "I don't care, he's gonna be a RICH rotund!"
( not exactly the adjectives but you get the picture
and was she right!)
Well I hope we can save the Quarter before it's too
late. Write the Mayor! He might even answer a letter
from  a tourist! :)
Have a good holiday,
Rose

--- =Mark <mstevens@exit109.com> wrote:
> At 12:24 AM 4/2/99 -0800, you wrote:
> >It's a pretty good joke, Tom put a lot of work into
> it
> >but it wouldn't surprise me, so many businesses
> >(department stores, dentists, doctors) have been
> >displaced from the CBD.
> >Since you asked....
> >Seems like everything is turning into another hotel
> or
> >restaurant in pursuit of the convention and tourist
> >dollar. The French Quarter is turning into a theme
> >part, teeshirt shops on every corner. The ambience
> and
> >character is fading as  many artist residents move
> out.
> >Quality of Life is down and Noise is Up.
>
> Have to agree there.  Was in NO a year and a half
ago
> and found every
> little enterprise had their own ATM machine.  I was
> also dissapointed with
> most of the supposed "Cajun" food that was dumbed
> down to the bland Touron
> level.  The best meal I had was at Bayona, and that
> was not Cajun/Creole.
> That place would be just as comfortable in NYC or
San
> Fransisco (Plus, chef
> Spicer signed my menu!).
>

>                     =Mark "Runs With Scissors"
> Stevens
>
>                 @ http://www.exit109.com/~mstevens @
>                                   @ ICQ# 2059548 @
>
>                 Where ya' from?
>                                              Jersey.
>

>     Yeah?  What exit?

===
Peace in the garden, Passion in your spirit!
CITY JUNGLES...gardens of passion!
http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Canopy/7686/index.html
CITY PEPPERS...sweeeeet, HOT n SpIcY!
http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/Square/9333/PEPPERS.html