Re: [CH] 1 [OT] 1

Kristofer Blennow (kristofer@blennow.se)
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 03:04:55 +0200

On 6 Apr 99, Frank J. Hashek wrote:

> supermarket today where I hadn't shopped before.  They had some chiles
> labeled as Habaneros, so I bought some although they looked a bit
> different than a hab should.  They were colored to the yellow side of
> orange.  They were a bit larger than the usual hab.  They were more
> straight of shape than a hab, more like a bell pepper shape.  The flesh
> was thick like a bell pepper as well.  The flavor was sweeet and fruity,
> like a red bell pepper.  The heat was about like a jalapeno which was
> destined for a jar of Pace.

YUM! Thick fruity flesh, moderate heat. Gimme (at least a picture).
:)

Had a similar experience, bought some undefined chiles...

http://www.blennow.se/temp/sweet1.jpg

... as I bit one, was disappointed. No heat, like one of them
"Turkish" wrinkled capsicums we get in the "ethnic" stores here in
Sweden...  Then, chomped into the seeds part... and YES, there was a
heat... mildly creeping up on me, sweet as love.

Profoundly trianglular shaped... large, 6 inches or so. Anyone care
to guess?

Kristofer