Re: [CH] Tobacco = TMV

Peter Moss (pmoss@yoda.alt.za)
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 00:10:04 RSA-2

> Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 16:31:21 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Charles Demas <demas@sunspot.tiac.net>
> Subject: Re: [CH] Tobacco = TMV

> I noticed that in making his spray, he boils the tobacco
> solution.

I would not think that boiling for a short period of time at
normal temperature would kill the virus.  Then this is not my
field and I may be wrong.  When I think of the measures that
hospitals go to, to sterilise equipment then I am even more
sure.

BTW I gave up smoking for this reason.  It became just to much of
a problem to remember to wash my hands with alcohol before
handling plants.

Peter

-- Peter Moss

"Well, let's just say, 'if your VCR is still blinking 12:00, you
don't want Linux'". - Bruce Perens