Re: [CH] Re: Banana, was Hot Stuff Trivia

Calvin Donaghey (gdonaghey@bitstreet.com)
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 18:31:40 -0500

Deb, et al,
I agree with the use of banana.  It is the best I have found except for the
mineral sylvite ( chemical composition KCl ), which also slows it down.
Potassium seems definitely a factor in that case, because sodium chloride
has little effect for me.  Potassium Chloride is the common ingredient in
most of the "salt substitutes".  My partner, also a chile head, gets no
effect at all from potassium, though, so it may also be related to body
chemistry.

On a tangent note- talking about hot sauce and glasses.... anyone besides me
go into a Mexican Food place and respond to "What would you like to drink?"
with  "A glass of Salsa, please." ??
Calvin