Re: [CH] (Don't) turn on your lights

Rosemary Basil (rosemarybasil@yahoo.com)
Mon, 26 Apr 1999 13:07:14 -0700 (PDT)

--- =Mark <mstevens@exit109.com> wrote:
> At 09:54 AM 4/26/99 -0700, Scott Northup wrote:
> >This came to me via our fax rep; it appears to have
> originated in
> Arlington, TX:
> >>Hope this finds you all well.
> >
> >Turn On Your Lights for America
> >

> Day late and a dollar short.
>
> 1. This was meant for this past weekend
>
> 2. I'm sending my  $ to Littleton area charities,
> not my electric company.>>

 I am sick of these glib comments whenever someone
tries to do something NICE around here. Seems off
topic posts are ok as long as they don't make you
think or feel too much.
I got criticized this way here from my Yellow Ribbons
project too. I just want to say many of us don't have
substantial money to send as donations and making a
statement that makes PEOPLE THINK & FEEL is often a
more effective way to get things done. Some of us who
are shocked and deeply troubled by human tragedies
need to work them out in our own ways.
I am now asking gardeners to plant columbines with
their children-- go ahead trivialize that too.
Remember the Victims, Stop the Violence!
http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Jungle/7207/stopviolence.html
Sick of Cynics,
Rosemary Basil
New Orleans gardener