Re: [CH] (Don't) turn on your lights

=Mark (mstevens@exit109.com)
Mon, 26 Apr 1999 21:53:47 -0400

At 01:07 PM 4/26/99 -0700, Rosemary Basil wrote:

>--- =Mark <mstevens@exit109.com> wrote:
>> At 09:54 AM 4/26/99 -0700, Scott Northup wrote:
>> >This came to me via our fax rep; it appears to have
>> originated in
>> Arlington, TX:
>> >
>> >Turn On Your Lights for America
>> >

>> Day late and a dollar short.
>>
>> 1. This was meant for this past weekend
>>
>> 2. I'm sending my  $ to Littleton area charities,
>> not my electric company.>>
>
> I am sick of these glib comments whenever someone
>tries to do something NICE around here. Seems off
>topic posts are ok as long as they don't make you
>think or feel too much.

I replied to your note a couple weeks ago and explained how I felt about
off topic posts along these topics, and I sent you private mail giving my
thoughts.  You did not reply to either message.  You say that these topics
don't make me think or "feel too much"

I sent you mail asking you not to unsubscribe because you would miss a lot
of good people.  You did not respond.

My main goal in responding to this particular peice of mail is that there
are better ways of reacting to this tragedy than by leaving lights on.

The Red Cross is doing a lot of work in dealing with the true needs of real
people who are suffering as a result of this disaster.  Support the true
helpers of this tradgedy as opposed to the feel-good responses of tying
ribbons and turning on of lights that really don't do much to help the
victims.

I don't mean to be cynical, I just want the lions share of help to be
something that will actually be of benefit to those who need it most.

                    =Mark "Runs With Scissors" Stevens

                @ http://www.exit109.com/~mstevens @
                                  @ ICQ# 2059548 @

                Where ya' from?