RE: [CH] turn on your lights

Law, Doug (Law@mail.andros.com)
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 08:50:00 -0700

Rant_mode = ON

Robert you beat me to the punch.  and no, Rosemary, I am not being cynical.
 I just feel that there is more than enough symbolism in the funerals and
memorials currently occuring.  We don't need any more symbols, we need
involvement.  Talk to your child(ren).  Teach him to cook.  Teach her to
fish.  Find out who their friends are and what drives them nuts about their
teachers.  Find out how great or how terrible their day was.  And when you
find out things about your child you don't like or approve of, talk to them
about it and why you disapprove.  Then when they ignore you, enforce your
values.  With a little luck, and frequent communication, they may not
ignore you too often.

Rant_mode = OFF

On topic, someone posted a Veggie white bean chile to the list about a week
ago.  Whoever you were, thank you.  It was delicious.  but you were right.
The flavor did need some significant "brightening".

Eat Hot!
Think Hot!
Love Hot!

Doug

     ======================== Reply Separator ========================

     Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 20:44:32 -0400
     From: Robert Farr <rbfarr@erols.com>
     Subject: Re: [CH] turn on your lights

     As Brer Rael would say - in fact, said already - "social liberalism."
     And I say, "a bunch of crap."

     If you want to do something about America, teach your children not to
     play with guns.  In fact, make sure you know what your children are
     doing.  Care about your children.  Discipline your children.  Instill
     some *values* in your children.  And, if you see them being
     anti-social,
     intervene for God's sake - or at least for the sake of your community.