[CH] excuses and winters coming

Peter Moss (pmoss@yoda.alt.za)
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 23:24:41 RSA-2

> From: "Scott Northup" <northups@ohsu.edu>
> Subject: [CH] Ok... ok... whoops... I didn't read the Email
> close enough!!

> I'm already taking some heat over this... (notice the 'heat'
> part he says trying to save a leetle face...) I didn't read
> the dates close enough and so... well... I thought it was a
> good thing and well... SEE IF I EVER DO ANYTHING PHILANTHROPIC
> AGAIN... it only get's me in trouble...

You are not taking heat for being philanthropic.  It is for not
reading and/or ignoring the list charter.  It is for ignoring the
list owners requests posted in administrative announcements.
Why should everyone else have to toe the line and you do as you
want?

More interesting and on list topic.

With winter just around the corner and what looks like the last
of the crop.  I have noticed that these have by far more heat
than the first to middle of the season.  Anyone else noticed this
or is it old news I just don't know about?  They are more water
stressed now but also get less sunlight.

C. pubescens gave me the best crop ever but not great by any
manner of means.  Average of maybe 6..10 fruit per plant.

Scotch Bonnet have been the most prolific for me.  Now I
have a soil analysis and know what to fix, acid soil pH 5.4 and
very low nitrates, next year should be different.

I had noticed that those chile plants planted in areas I added
lots of grass compost did much better.  Out of interest are there
any suggestions on fixing a low nitrate situation other than
urea?

Makin' sauce while the sun shines.

Peter
-- Peter Moss

"Well, let's just say, 'if your VCR is still blinking 12:00, you
don't want Linux'". - Bruce Perens