Re: [CH] Okra Recipes

=Mark (mstevens@exit109.com)
Wed, 05 May 1999 10:38:01 -0400

At 03:52 PM 5/4/99 -0700, Rockin' Randy wrote:
>Mark,
>
>That's an idea!  Maybe it's the combo that gets me!
>
>My last frontier to conquer in the food arena was Sea Urchin at the Sushi
>place.  It looked slimy but Okra it wasn't!  The thought of eating it made
>my skin crawl.  But after a large bottle of Sapporo and a serving of Saki
>I ordered it.  After slapping a big wad of wasabe on it I fearlessly
>downed it.  It wasn't too bad, not unlike cold scrambled eggs.
>
>Once again the heat of the wasabe was what drove up the toleration factor.

I've always felt that sushi and sashimi were just an excuse to chow down on
wasabi and pickled ginger!

>Have you added new menus?  Do you take mail-ins or do you prefer to
>collect them yourself?

The last menus I added were from my Las Vegas trip a month or so ago, and
can be seen at:

http://www.exit109.com/~mstevens/menus.shtml

I pretty much limit my collection to places wear I've actually eaten.  As
the menus posted are just about 5% of my total collection, I've got plenty
to keep me busy.  I hope to soon post menus from a couple places I visited
recently in Cape May.

                    =Mark "Runs With Scissors" Stevens

                @ http://www.exit109.com/~mstevens @
                                  @ ICQ# 2059548 @