Re: [CH] Rare Meat

Rockin' Randy (ledbelly99@yahoo.com)
Thu, 13 May 1999 17:11:47 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Luke,

I know that cats who go outside can pick up toxoplasmosis.  Apparently
it's a parasite.  That is why pregnant women should not empty litter
boxes.  But I reckon any wild game could pick it up as easily as a cat.
Thanks for the warning!

Cameron, do you know anything about this?

rr

--- Luke Van Santen <Luke.VanSanten@dot.state.mn.us> wrote:

> To which I felt I had to respond.
>
> Now most of you might already know this, but before my wife became
> pregnant, I did not. Wild game (or at least that served to pregnant
> women) must be cooked to an internal temp of at least 160F (just like
> hamburger) so that the expecting mother does not contract toxoplasmosis.
> Evidently, toxoplasmosis causes miscarriages. Enough said.

===
Rockin' Randy's Homepage:
http://members.tripod.com/~rocknrandy/index.html

El Grande's Shrine: