RE: [CH] question of age

Bloechl, Sharen Rund (sharen.rund.bloechl@lmco.com)
Fri, 14 May 1999 10:03:39 -0700

My mom used to "spice" up my baby food with butter, salt & pepper, so I
started on "spicy" foods at a very early age - there's nothing wrong (health
wise) with me or my siblings (2nd oldest of 6 children)

Sharen Rund Bloechl

Lockheed Martin Enterprise Information Systems
Sunnyvale Data Center
sharen.rund.bloechl@lmco.com <mailto:sharen.rund.bloechl@lmco.com>
Phone: 408-756-5432
[or]                                Fax:   408-756-0912
srund@svl.ems.lmco.com <mailto:srund@svl.ems.lmco.com>               LMnet:
8-326-5432
Pager: 408-539-5146  web:  http://webpager.lmms.lmco.com/perl/mtrocall.cgi
<http://webpager.lmms.lmco.com/perl/mtrocall.cgi>
[or] Operator Assist:  1-800-725-5079, pin 408-539-5146

----------
From:  Jeff James[SMTP:JEFFJ@Attachmate.com]
Sent:  Friday, May 14, 1999 8:12 AM
To:  chile-heads@globalgarden.com
Subject:  RE: [CH] question of age

Just a note, that is probably common knowledge but should probably be
shared.

Young children, babies in particular, have a much more acute sense of taste
then we do ('specially those of us that smoke(d) and drink a pot of coffee
each day.)  If you've ever tasted baby foods, they all seem to taste the
same, but the youngsters can definitely tell the difference.  So when you
decide to start them, start with very small doses of very tame chilis, and
work your way up.

They will definitely tell you when you've hit the point they're not
comfortable with!

- Jeff