Re: [CH] Monsanto, GM - a dissent

danceswithcarp (dcombs@bloomington.in.us)
Fri, 14 May 1999 11:40:19 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 14 May 1999, Ron Hill wrote:

> BUT on the plus side just imagine a giant sweet pepper with the heat
> of a hab!

Like I needed to, I bought 3 "cowhorn" peppers last night at Wally-Wirld
for yard plants. I had forgotten about them from last year when we sat out
about a dozen and they were in one of the rows that got washed away.  We
salvaged one or two along with a commerical Thai Dragon and put them in
yard pots and I think there should be some of both in this year's grab bag
flat of saved seeds we sprouted.

Anyways, the "cowhorn" was advertised as a hunkie-sized cayenne.  We got
several off of the recovered plants and they were remarkably sweet,...and
then after about 10 seconds they had a very nice cayenne glow.

The Thai Dragons turned out to be regular cayennes.

When I have more cash this weekend I'll go buy a few extra cowhorns just
to see if they produce the sweetness in the ground as opposed to in a pot.

Meanwhile for a bell with heat there's always Mexibells.

carpsicum annum