Subject: [CH] question of age

Ian Sinclair (Ian@directus.co.nz)
Mon, 17 May 1999 11:53:46 +1200

There are an awful lot of kids out there raised in countries where spicy
foods are the everyday diet, (i.e. India, Mexico, Thailand), and the even
mother's milk they drink would be spicy. Then as soon as they are on to
solids they are eating the same food as their parents with no ill effects.
With my daughter, at around one she loved eating curry, and you knew she
could recognise it was hot because every little while she would stop eating
and put a cloth in her mouth ! As soon as she got some relief she was away
again. It wasn't until she was a little older when she found out her
brothers didn't like spicy food because of the heat that she became more
wary about eating it.

Ian Sinclair

Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 08:06:45 -0400
	From: "Babs VanRenterghem" <bvr@gateway.net>

	Ok, so my husband and I are jumping the gun a little, but he asked a

	good question and I figured I'd turn it over to the experts.

	the boys are only a week shy of 6 monthes old, but he wanted to know

	when we can introduce them to a little spice?  Hot spice, that is.
	realize it won't be for awhile, but are there parents out there who
can
	give us an idea?